Friday, April 22, 2011

Race Preview - Egg Hunt Triathlon

Tomorrow will be the second race of the season. The Egg Hunt Triathlon in Pembroke Pines.

It's a sprint .25s / 10bike / 3.1 run. The swim is around 2 buoys in a lake. 

My goals are simple. To not panic in the swim and to finish with a smile. Beating my brother would be a bonus. Impossible but I can dream.

My plan is too simple to call a strategy but my main concern is the swim. I feel that I'm a strong enough swimmer and yet I keep having anxiety in the water. I've done two practice OWS since the last race and spent a lot of time in the pool. We'll see if that helps. It's a one wave start for the women so I'm going to let everybody leap off the beach and then I'm going to start out. We'll see if that helps.

Next up a race report.

No comments:

Post a Comment