Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back and Forward

Looking Back at last week I didn't hit all my workouts which is never a great feeling.

Monday I meant to swim but I went to the grocery store instead. Can't quite do both and make pickup for the kids.
Tuesday Is tennis and a quick 3 mile run. It was supposed to be 4 but I daydreamed and turned around too early.
Wednesday Was a bike ride the traffic was a disaster in the grove so I didn't make it all the way to the bridge but it definitely forced me to get more comfortable in traffic.
Thursday I ran 6.5 after drop off it was hot-hot-hot but I did it. Thursday was also our last preschool mommy happy hour for the year. It's possible that I had 3 glasses of yummy Sangria. It's possible that made me sleepy the next day.
Friday I wanted to nap but I went to the pool. After 600 or so I wanted to puke so I called it a day.
Saturday I bricked with the Hammerheads. I did 3 buoys out and back and could have done more. Next the 12 mile bike loop.
Sunday to the turnpike and back on the bike. I did not want to get up but I had pigged out Saturday night at the gala so I got my lazy butt out of bed and biked. It was good but I do have a sore bottom :-)

I'm a little concerned that my run mileage is low. Maybe that's because I have the ny marathon on my mind.

In other news I had two acquaintances in the Texas Ironman Saturday. It was wild to be mentally thinking of them all day. It's one thing to think 16 hours. It's quite another to check their status through the day and think wow they are still on the bike or man they have just started the marathon.


Looking forward: this is the last week of preschool and so scheduling might be a challenge. Another way to say this is that it's going to take dedication. Early bedtimes and such. Highlights pal Ned for the week include trying out the bat suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment