Saturday, May 28, 2011

The gift that keeps on giving

There haven't been many post this week from me.

Simple reasons really. First, I want to treat the a posts more like mini articles. Really think them through. That's going to create a small ebb while I build up the drafts and such. But I think it's a good idea in the long run.

Next, I've been busy training for my upcoming olympic distance triathlon. I'm about as ready as i'll be so that's good news. And parenting. The last weeks of school are nutty busy.

One of the highlights of my parenting this week is the fat lip I got from my son. I was putting him to sleep and I leaned in for the good night kiss. It was dark and we couldn't see each other. anyway little hard head came up as I went down. It was a fierce head butt. Luckily he was uninjured and I was the only one worse for wear. I nursed some ice that evening. Now we're 5 days later and while the swelling is down I still have a bruise and this is lovely I developed a sore where the swelling was. A canker. Ouch it hurts. I'll spare you the photos.

And on that note I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is the group ride. Water bottles are in the freezer and gu is packed and loaded. Actually, I'm out of my favorite plain gu so it's apple cinnamon hammer gel tomorrow. Not my fav but I'll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment