Thursday, May 5, 2011

I am a flexible noodle

My daughter is sick today. Aside from the obvious confusion about why my daughter gets a high fever every few weeks resulting in so far 10 missed days from school this year this does put a hiccup in my training for the day. Ten days does seem like a lot doesn't it? We're in a new school that's what I've been telling myself all year. New school, new germs, new friends equals a year of colds. I dunno I hardly ever get fevers as an adult so I'm a bad judge I think of how often kids should get sick.

So, instead of swimming and running I'm watching Barbie Island Princess with my kiddo. A Barbie masterpiece to be sure. It actually has a very catchy song that gets stuck in my head for days.

Initially I was frustrated but then I remember that she'll only be 7 this one year. Someday she'll be too big to stay home sick. She'll be too big to feel better when I give her hugs. So, I'm going with the flow. I'm as flexible as a noodle. Repeat: I'm as flexible as a noodle, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment