Monday, May 9, 2011

Tri-Miami race preview

Tri-Miami is this weekend. It will be my first race without my lil'bro. I'll be fine I'm not worried about that. It may not be quite as fun without him but we'll see. We had some race traditions like the pre-race photo that I'll need to update. I am looking forward to a race close to home. This is also the first race I'm bringing my family to this year.

The Course
Tri-miami offers two distances: sprint and Olympic. I'm doing the sprint because a 1600m swim is too far for me still. The sprint is .25swim, 12 mile bike and 5k run.it's all on Key Biscayne.

The Goals
I'm hoping for a reliable .25 swim and if that's the case then I'm shooting for a swim under 10 minutes. This was actually my goal at the Egg Hunt but I think the swim was long. I don't have an estimate for the bike because I don't have a 12 mile time. For the run my goal is 29 minutes. My last goal is a race weight of 120. So that means being clean and healthy all week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment