Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I have made a decision - Miami Speed Triathlon

I am not racing the Miami Speed Triathlon.

If you read the blog - and somebody out there must - then you may have seen that since I could not race the latest Trilogy Triathlon I was planning to race this event as my August race.

But - I don't want to and so I'm not going to. There are three reasons.

  1. I am undertrained. I haven't been swimming. Going into a race undertrained gives me swim anxiety which is not fun at all. Not to mention I don't really want to swim in this location. 
  2. I have a personal policy of not participating in first-time races and this is a first-time race. My policy comes from personal bad experiences so while I was considering breaking my personal policy I'm not gonna.
  3. I would just do this race to cross it off the monthly list and I think that's not the best reason to run a race which is a long way of saying: I don't want to do it.
I was feeling personal pressure to do this race since I set a goal of a race every month this year. So, I've made a deal with myself. First, I did two races in the spring before my brother moved so I've actually got an extra race under my belt so I am going to give myself credit for that towards this month. Also, I do want to see the race so I'm planning to volunteer for the race instead of racing. So, I'll be out there participating and giving back to the tri community just not racing.

So there it is - my decision.

You can now return to your normal daily programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment