Sunday, September 25, 2011

Product Review - Cap Light

I'll be honest this is my favorite product that I've picked up in a long time. And it costs less than $2.

In fact when I ordered mine I had this crazy sense that the items I was buying had to cost more than the shipping I was paying so I bought 4 I think - or 5. That's pretty silly but oh well.


Increasing My Batman Factor by a lot
My batman factor is a saying that I either heard or coined when I first started photographing weddings. You need a lot of gadgets and the easiest place to keep them is on your belt where you can get to them quickly(film, flash, batteries) . But once you get one or two things there it gets a little ... well, like Batman. So there you have it: the Batman factor. This doesn't go on your belt but you get the idea.

I have been seeing these everywhere and I didn't know where to get them. When I say seeing them everywhere... I mean on other runners. They aren't carried in any store I could find near here. Although I have been told to look in hardware stores, battery stores and in the Target camping department I had looked all of those places and hadn't found them.

Finally my running buddy Carol said after a run, "I knew you'd ask me so I saved this for you." She had kept the case so I could look it up. I ordered them on Amazon.


It is a totally cheap thing and you can tell when you put it together that quality is not what this is about. In fact to get the batteries to stay in I had to tape them with scotch tape. Duct tape would be better but I couldn't find it.

But, it clips onto your hat and it lights the way in front of your run. In other words It does exactly what I want it to do.


The only downside is that it does weigh down my hat a little bit in the front. I have a teeny tiny itty bitty pea sized head so this may not happen to you.  In any event after the sun comes up and I've eaten my Gu's I take it off and put it in my pouch. No biggie.

If you're reading this review and you may run in the dark - you should buy this. Why? Because Amy Says So :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment