Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cow bell training, marathon dreams, and Elmo

Yesterday my kids found a cowbell from the Miami ING 1/2 marathon. I'm sure there were originally two but one is missing. So they asked if they can pack it for NY. "of course they can"

Then this morning they were "practicing" with the bell at 8:00.

Cute: yes. For a minute. Then just loud. I'm pretty sure I know what happened to the other bell (ahem ... Trash bucket?)

In other news I woke up in the middle of the night because I was dreaming I couldn't get a cab Sunday morning.

For any readers who are mom's this was kindof like those super realistic pregnancy dreams. Just a much less interesting subject "wink-wink."

Seriously, I've never been this anxious before a race I mean I'm not going to win or anything - it's just for fun. So, I'm spending the morning getting my hair done and trying to just find my inner zen-runner.

Lastly, I'm planning to pack a blanket to take to the start to keep me warm. It will get donated to a shelter and I figure in addition to my sweats a blanket is a good donation. I had selected an Elmo blanket but low and behold my son (who hasn't cared about Elmo in more than 2 years) is announcing that he's attached to said blanket.

In other pre-race preparations I've been to the chiropractor for my last pre-race adjustment.

Later-

No comments:

Post a Comment