Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My green smoothie is not actually green

I took pictures as proof do you would know I wasn't fibbing.

Ingredients: blueberries, banana, strawberries (frozen), 2 spoons of Greek yogurt, three lettuce leaves, the juice from 1/2 a lemon. And added later because the blender wasn't blending a quick splash of cranberry juice.

Instead of lettuce I should probably use something cool like kale but this is what I had :-).

Also given the resulting non greenness of the smoothie I'm guessing it's supposed to be more greens and less fruits. Baby steps people baby steps.

I cannot taste the lettuce but I can feel it which takes a few sips to get used to.

2 comments:

  1. I love green smoothies. I started with spinach but tried kale this week and could not tell the difference. And I put in quite a handful. Just be sure to blend it up thoroughly so you don't have any chunks. :) I have a Vitamix which is the bomb of blenders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I have kale in my fridge ... Either kale chips or into the smoothie. We'll see.

      Delete