Saturday, April 28, 2012

Key Biscayne Half Marathon Preview

So, tomorrow I'm running the Key Biscayne Half Marathon. Yup. This is a boring plain Jane preview because I'm writing it in bed on the iPad the night before the race. I Thought I was totally ready for a half marathon pr breaking 2 hours in January. Now, I'm not so sure. But, I'm going to go for it. And if I don't make it , well I won't be crushed. It's the first time for this race. We start in Crandon Park run out over the Rickenbacker bridge - turn around go back over the bridge and then do a zillion turns around the park to add up to 13.1. It would be the bridge that might crush my time goal- and that its 80 in the dark already - and that I've done one 10 miler as my highest mileage run since January. Eeeeek. But,I have been doing weekly speed work And it's a small race with only 1300 runners so I won't be able to blame the crowds and I'm not going to let myself coast. I may go out too fast and not be able to hold it but then I'll know I wasn't ready. We'll see. So,tune in tomorrow and see what happens. Target: 1:57 - 1:59.

1 comment: