Friday, July 13, 2012

I've got my fingernails all clipped and ready for the wetsuit

Tomorrow I'm racing the MPLS Triathlon with my brother. I love racing with my brother.

We're both doing the sprint. Which seems very relaxing given all the long course stuff we've been up to lately.

It's been unseasonably warm here in Minnesota - well unseasonably is the wrong word because it is summer and it does get really hot here (hotter than Miami) - but I think it's been hotter than earlier normal this year maybe. So the water is super warm but people are still speculating that there's a chance for wet suits tomorrow. I think probably not but I thought that in Miami for Nautica too and was I ever wrong. So the wet suit is in the bag - and as mentioned my fingernails are cut short.

I shipped my road bike up for this race and put it together myself. So the number one hope is that it doesn't come apart unexpectedly. Aaack that would be stressful. Other than that here are the goals.

Swim - 400 yards time trial start. That's a first for me 9 minutes.
Bike 15 miles - 50 minutes I think that's 18 mph. I'm not sure how realistic that is given the road bike and the large crowd and the rolling terrain but I'm going to give it a shot.
Run 3.1 miles. Okay I ran 13.1 miles at 8:55 per mile do faster than that is my goal- sub 27 I think.

So 9+50+27+4 (for transitions)= 91 minutes total.

Now let it be said that I'm over tapered for this which is another way of saying I've not hit very many workouts in the last two weeks. Which could result in not hitting these goals - and I'll live with that. But best to try and miss than not try at all. And now I'm off to bed bc this race starts early.

No comments:

Post a Comment