Thursday, October 4, 2012

Triathlon Training Thursday - 3 weeks and counting

I'm gonna make this quick because I got stuff to do other than this blog post. Mostly I need to go bang out my tempo run but I'm delayed while I charge my watch. My Garmin 305 is giving me the most trouble charging. I plug it in and instead of charging it turns on. If I don't notice it just hangs out there being uncharged and when I pick it up ... no charge. Annoying - very annoying.

Last week most of my training buddies went out to race Augusta 70.3. They all did really well. It's a huge race but it looks like a lot of fun. I might put it on the "want to do" list for next year. But really next year is all up in the air still so no promises.

While they were gone my husband was also out of town. So, I did my long run (which wasn't so long) on Friday, took Saturday off to be a single parent, and then I did my bike ride solo on the trainer Sunday. I moved the bike trainer into the living room, got up early and was all ready to watch some crappy movies and pedal my little heart out. But then ... the kids both got up at 6 am.

I know ... seriously they need to learn to sleep in.

So, I did a total of 2.5 hours on the trainer but it was a lot of start and stop. For example I stopped to make them breakfast. And also the movie ended up being some kids movie that I've already forgotten but really that's not what I had in mind as entertainment. I was bored silly. My training plan had a 4 hour ride but my friend Janine told me 2.5 hours on the trainer is like 4 hours of real riding. I'm pretty sure my trainer session was not equivalent to 4 hours of riding but it was the best I could do.

I have made both swimming workouts this week which is good. Yesterday I did get the barfies half-way through the workout. That hasn't happened in a while. It wasn't a terribly hard workout and so I'm not entirely sure what was up. I got plenty of sleep the night before ... but I didn't really eat well the day before and I think that might have set me off. To be honest my stomach was unsettled when I woke up. So, whatever - I hopped out of the pool onto terra firma for about 2 minutes. Did not actually barf which is always good and then finished the workout. Swimming ... it's just not my comfort sport.

This post could use some photos ... but uh ... there are none. Okay better update next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment