Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's your normal?

Most people I interact with on a daily basis think I'm a little crazy for the training I do. Heck ... (yes heck, this is a family friendly blog) sometimes I think I'm a little crazy.

But then ...

I learned about Jim Simpson who is about to run his 1,000th marathon. Yes ... thousand.

He's part of a group called the Marathon Maniacs ... I'm not one of them. I did read the criteria but it seemed too challenging at the moment.

And also I met a nice woman in Cozumel. Her name is Susan. She has no website or anything that I can find. But I learned from her facebook feed that she's participated in 18 iron distance events this year. 18!

What's interesting to me is that if/when you choose to do so many of these endurance events it just becomes a part of what you do. When I met Susan she was enjoying her holiday in Mexico with beer and Mexican food even though she'd be racing this huge long event where my friends were being very cautious about their food and stuff. Just makes you think a bit ... well makes me think anyway.

These guys make my crazy seem very normal indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment