Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reclaiming my life from the little screen in my pocket

My son and I at midnight. How tired does he look? But he made it to midnight. Asleep at 12:02. A total wreck today.

First goal cut waaaaay back on Facebook.

It has come to my attention that I may have been spending too much time on Facebook lately. Initially I thought these comments were inaccurate but then recently when I was in Mexico for all of 48 hours I had limited Internet access.

I really noticed not having access to Facebook and that was when I began to realize that I might have a problem -- EEEK!

First step - I took Facebook off my phone. Good move because I do check it still about a zillion times a day and the only thing that has stopped me from slipping is that the app isn't there.

I hope that this will help me reclaim some more time in my life good for things like talking to these small people who are usually around me and other taller folks who keep telling me that they are my friends.

Wish me luck!

In other news - I started the year with a nice easy resolution run.
A real perk of living in Miami is the proximity to the beach but this is only I think my second run on the sand. It's very firm sand and it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment