Friday, January 11, 2013

The 5:30 wake up call

How many days of waking up at 5:30 in the morning does it take before you're ready to sleep at 9:00 pm?

Three.




Monday 5:30 am- swim.
Tuesday 5:30 am - trainer/run
Wednesday 5:30 am - swim

By Wednesday night I was ready to go to sleep with my kids. They go to bed at 8. The good thing is that getting up at 5:30 on Thursday was pretty easy.

Today is my "rest day" I slept in until 7:00. I did wake up a 5:45 and see the clock which means my body is resetting for the 5:30 wake up as normal which is good. It's easiest when I'm just waking up then not being woken up by the alarm.

As much of a challenge as it is to get up so early my life is much better when I'm up and done by 7 with the workouts and can then devote myself to the kiddos/husband during the day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Amy! My alarm is set for 5:00 right now, but will go to 4:30 in about 2 weeks as workouts get longer. That's about where I draw the line. Deep into training I can fall asleep on the couch at 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - 4:30 is early. You go girl!

      Delete