Tuesday, March 5, 2013

dumb resolutions

You may have heard of S.m.a.r.t. goals.  It stands for something approximately like this:

s-specific
m - measurable
a - attainable
r - realistic
t- timely

Now I set myself some monthly resolutions for this year. February was eat as little processed food as possible. As it turns out this was not a s.m.a.r.t. goal for me. Mostly in the way that I didn't measure it and it wasn't realistic ... so um ... moving on.

March's goal is to catch up on my photos and scrapbooking. My sister-in-law is probably wondering to herself how I could ever fall behind in this because she is an avid scrap booker. She is supremely organized with her photos and memorabelia. Remember we are related by marriage. But I am envious of her scrap-booking and archiving abilities.

In my biological family I am perhaps the first person to have ever saved a photo I think. Okay, that's an exageration. But really my personal kid scrapbook was given to me with an empty album and a box of stuff my mom had saved. I put it together when I was a teenager. I'm not complaining. In the world of hardships not having a baby scrapbook is not a hardship. To be honest I remember that I enjoyed making the album. I'm just pointing out that I don't think I  inherited the scrap-booking gene from anywhere in my genealogy.

So when I had kids I was going to document each moment in their individual and personalized scrapbooks. I was sure that they would treasure these albums their whole lives. But this fell apart shortly after the birth of my son. His scrapbook has 1 page. EEEK. He's 6. Years not months.

oops.

I mean I don't put everything into their books. We have family albums and their books are just recaps for them. So it's 1-2 pages a year. Still I'm at least 5 pages behind.

So, I've got some catching up to do.

And as such I've ordered new albums and pulled the out of date scrapbooks from their dusty homes to update this month. Wish me luck.

2 comments: