Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Breathe normally

So today in swimming the coach gave me a tip about my kick.

I should say that any tips on my kicking are appreciated because ... Well...I stink.

Apparently I bring my feet out of the water which doesn't do me any good. Fine. I have to confess he's told me this before. But I must also say I have no idea what to do about it.

So, I asked. How do I fix this? He suggested focusing on making my kick deeper. So I set off to do that. And that's when I realized that I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm kicking. I can't tell if my feet are in or out of the water. So I paddled around focusing on mymkick and feeling very much like a fish out of water. But apparently my intense concentration worked because he said it was better. I was still really slow.

But it does feel different - like it's different muscles maybe. Oh, who knows?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment