Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ahhh ... pre Ironman panic

Last nights pre-sleep panic was a little dream where I'm in France and my goggles break but I can't figure out how to ask for goggles at the expo.

Why would I have this dream? Because my friend Jim had his goggles break at the start of his race at Ironman CDA. Bummer, eh? His are prescription - a much bigger deal than mine would be. His wife had his spare pair and just handed them to him so it worked out.

And in case your curious - goggles is apparently: les lunettes de plongee. My daughter and I looked it up this morning.

1 comment:

  1. I can see it now

    Amy: "les lunettes de plongee?!?"
    French Speaking Person: ???
    Amy: "lllleeesss lunetttttes ddee plooongeeee"
    FSP: ???
    Amy: hand gestures mimicking bird man and swimming
    FSP: Ahh, goggles, Oui

    ReplyDelete