Thursday, July 25, 2013

Julia Childs ... I am not

In my month of slackerdom since the Ironman I've been trying to figure out what to do with myself.

A while back there was a fun movie. Julia & Julia. It was based on a blog where a young writer and gourmand documented her year of cooking her way through the cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

I have this cookbook. And to be honest one of the things that really took a hit during my Ironman training was my cooking of meals for my family.

Don't get me wrong I still cooked dinner for my family 5/7 nights a week (which puts me about 4 nights ahead of many people I know). But it was more like assembly than cooking. Lots of chicken breasts and broccoli kind of meals. To keep up we did about 3 nights of dream dinners a week. And of course, there was a lot of pasta.

So in my quest to be a better wife/mom I pulled out the Mastering the Art of French Cooking and tried to find something to make for my family. Sadly, to be honest other than a roast chicken ... I found ... not much. I may have to look again because after all they did make a whole movie out of this book.

1 comment:

  1. We have a lot of favorites from Practical Paleo (lemon artichoke chicken, spaghetti squash bolognese) and Well Fed (bora bora balls, paleo pad thai). We cook so much at home now we almost dont even like to go out. ;)

    ReplyDelete