Friday, September 6, 2013

Here we go again - Ironman Chattanooga

Since I got back from France - maybe slightly before I've been thinking about what would be the next full Ironmnan.

I was considering Ironman Lake Placid, Ironman Wisconsin and Ironman Florida. Which is why I this week I signed up for Ironman Chattanooga.

Makes sense, right? No of course not. This is me we're talking about.

I trained for Ironman France mostly solo and I really wanted to be able to train and race with others. So when my coach called on Wednesday morning and said he and his brother were putting together a group for Ironman Chattanooga I called my husband and we made the decision to go for it.

That was at about 11:30 EST. Registration started at 12:00. I meant to swim at 12 and I thought I'd come home and register. But Frank suggested I register first and be a little late for swimming. Okay no problem. I went downstairs I got my wallet pulled out my USAT card and noticed it was expired. Okay. So I went to USAT couldn't remember my password requested a new one. Waited a minute retrieved that email. Logged into my USAT account renewed my membership. Then headed to Ironman.com and hit the register button for Ironman Chattanooga made my normal 2-3 mistakes filling out the form and miracle of miracles I registered without incident.

I didn't realize how lucky I was. Turned out the event sold out in as little as 3 minutes, maybe less. Also, I learned afterwards that tons of people had trouble on Active.com and were kicked out during the process. There are hundreds of pissed off people who didn't get in. They need a sedative - it is a bummer but it's just a race. So I was pretty lucky.

I guess it's meant to be :-) I'm pretty excited.

Of course registering is the easy part. I've been generally lollygagging around eating too much - training just a little bit. Soon I'll need to start up the process and get training for this big race.



No comments:

Post a Comment