Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sporty girls how often do you wash your hair?

Unofficially this is the triathlon training thursday post but quite honestly I'm just squeezing in minimal training between holiday cookie baking and attending holiday parties. I'm officially at my "winter weight" and sporting "fat pants." It's a tad depressing but soon these parties have to end and I'll be back to business in no time.

In the meantime let's talk about hair.
For my 40th birthday I put a little purple in my otherwise simple hair. That was fun. Especially funny my husband (Mr. Observant) didn't notice for days. Days...multiple days.

I'll admit that periodically I spend a kings ransom having my hair colored at a local salon. It's idiocy at it's best because when I'm training I'm in the pool 2-3 times a week which rapidly destroys my hair. But that's not the point. It's not my idiocy that I want to talk about.

I saw Hunger Games Monday night with some girlfriends and the subject of hair washing came up. My stylist always tells me I should be washing my hair every other day and I patiently explain, no can do compadre because I'm a sweat hog ... plus there's the whole swimming pool thing that she wishes I didn't do (so we rarely mention it). But clearly after chlorine the hair needs washing.

Back to the convo with the girlfriends. All very sporty girls. Turns out we were split between those who wash daily and those who don't.  I was shocked that some actually can pull off the whole skip a day of hair washing even with a workout. I was impressed. I should add these girls always look better than me.

So I tried it one day this week. The upside is that I was suuuuuper excited the next day to wash my hair because I felt like a pig. That is the only upside. I was feeling slimy and itchy the second day. I have no idea how folks do it. Perhaps there is a trick I don't know?

So, how often do you wash your hair if you're working out every day? Inquiring minds want to know. (those would be me ... the inquiring minds).

No comments:

Post a Comment