Friday, January 10, 2014

goals schmoals

So for resolutions first the three easy resolution-y goals.

I resolve to not play candy crush.   I'm reclaiming all those idle minutes back into my brain. There's nothing wrong with playing candy crush but I began to feel like it was a colossal waste of my time.

I resolve to not buy a lot of kindle books. I am a really fast reader and so I go through books licked-y split. It's not a backdoor brag - don't be impressed. It is part of the reason I'm a fierce trivia player. The Kindle is awesome for me but I ran up quite a bill this year buying book after book after book. I would share what I spent but it would be embarrassing. Instead I will visit my local library :-) I'm there every week pretty much anyway for Jack's soccer practice. Also I have Amazon Prime so once a month I can rent a book on the kindle. I can also apparently check out ebooks at the library but I haven't figured it out yet.

I will work on decluttering around me. A few years ago we moved into a much bigger house and we've been slowly accumulating stuff. Now there's a lot of extra stuff 75% of which is in the kids rooms and all the zillion drawers around the house my husband shoves "stuff" into. Yes "stuff" is almost definitely a synonym for "trash."

I don't know if this is a full-year project or just a beginning of the year project but I am going to concentrate on getting this stuff out of the house. Specifically I'm taking one thing a day out of my son's room ... he'll never notice, honestly.

So, those are the easy ones. They don't require much planning or anything just kind of getting stuff done. The more complicated ones and the fitness ones are still bouncing around in my head and on my doodle pad. It's nothing earth shattering but they are still in the works.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Was googling Rome Marathon because I am also going. Nice to read that another US female I will be there. What made you choose this race? Wish I was as prepared as you are. At this point, my longest run has been 15 miles and not too many of those. Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me. I picked Rome because my husband and I like to travel with my races and I have a friend who ran it about 10 years ago and loved it.

      Delete
  2. I am actually going alone since my husband and I don't trust our 21 year old son to be alone in our house! Been to Rome many times but not as a runner. I've heard that much fewer women run this race than in the states. Possibly 2000 out of 16,000. Are you staying near the Colisseum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup we're staying near there to reduce walking time after the race. My last long run is tomorrow morning and then just basically counting down till race day :-)

      Delete