Monday, July 21, 2014

AWOL

I've clearly been absent from the blog.

No if's and's or butt's about it!  Somebody should tell my boss. Except I'm my own boss and I just write this for giggles.

The short and long story is that I've been on vacation.

First I had family visit. It was great. My kids spent time with half of a set of cousins and had a great time. There were some ear infections - that was a bummer.
we paddleboarded, splashed in the pool and watched movies. It was a great week.

Then we traveled to the Galapagos Islands for a family vacation with the other cousin. That was also great.
We hiked and snorkeled but organized training did not happen. I did a good job of putting it in the back of my mind during the vacation. Now it's front and center in my mind. EEEK!

Sadly, there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of training happening during these weeks. That's freaking me out a little bit. Oh who am I kidding a lot.
I did one solid run on Santa Cruz Island. Where I found this outside a t-shirt shop. I had to run back and get my phone to document it because it was so random to see. I went back later to try and figure out what it was all about. Turns out the guy who owns the store says he's the only Ironman in the Galapagos. Go figure. He did Ironman Louisville. Nice guy.

In true Ironman fashion I got back from vacation mid-day Thursday and hit the road Friday afternoon for a weekend of bike training in Clermont. Yes perfectly ridiculous. But I did it. Now it's time to get back in the pool and get some yards in because that's where my training is hurting the most.

And that's all she wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment