Monday, August 18, 2014

Ironman Chattanooga six weeks and counting

Holy Crapamoly ... Six weeks to go until Ironman Chattanooga.

Interestingly my panic attacks are mild and spread sort of far apart. I think it's because I'm too busy just getting the workouts done to worry about the actual Ironman race.
Seems pretty evenly split time-wise. I actually feel like I need more swimming. I'm always sweating the swim.

This past week was an adventure getting things done. My husband was traveling and my kids were home with camp mommy and of course there was the occasional summer monsoon thrown in to complicate my workout schedule. But I got it all mostly - done.

I tried this new shirt on Thursday I think. It says it's the coolest shirt ever.  I honestly couldn't tell any difference. It has little metallic beads on the back that felt cool in the ac but I couldn't tell when outside exercising. Of course, it is still almost as hot as the surface of the sun here so maybe it's just too hot for anything to help.
We did a quick and dirty trip to ride in Clermont for just Saturday. The goal was climbing. We climbed somewhere between 3700 and 4100 feet over 70 miles. Different computers got different total readings. Whatever it was close enough. We also went faster than we've ever gone (avg moving speed 15.3) so it was an intense day.

We loaded five bikes into the family truckster and squished in 5 people too. Luckily miss Nicole is pretty small.
I wore the outfit that I plan to wear during the Ironman Chattanooga race and it performed well. My team tri top and black Coeur trishorts. I have to say I think the Coeur shorts work well for me. They are expensive but very comfy. The thin chamois that runs down the entire inseam of the short works very well for me.  I just have to try swimming and then getting on the bike with the wet chamois. Also strangely I find that I do better in tri shorts thank bike shorts which seems odd but appears to be true. 

Then back at home we ran just 12 miles but on tired legs that was a tough run. I would think I was really pushing the pace and look down at the trusty garmin to see ... oh, 11 minute miles, how can that be. But it just was. So I got it done. That's all I can say. I was very tired. I honestly think it was more the 8 hours of driving than the workouts. The travel takes it's toll.

Go to school little people!

Today the kiddos started school -- it's a wondrous day for Mom's all over Miami. I did get up to swim today although I was about 2 minutes late because I had an unscheduled stop. I was pulled over by a policeman about 50 feet from my house. My lights weren't on. I was apparently half-alseep but once he realized I wasn't drunk (perhaps the swim suit gave me away) he let me go. That's the best possible ending to that story. And I hopped out 10 minutes early so that I had sufficient time to do the french braid for the 5th grade fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment